Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Harlem Book Fair: 10 Years

The date for next year's annual Harlem Book Fair (July 19th) was recently announced. The 2008 event is a very special one, as it is the tenth anniversary!

I say it every year, but I mean it this time: I'm going to be there! I'll have two books I'll be signing/selling: my young adult novel (K My Name Is Kendra), which I'll be releasing the first weekend of February (just in time for the 2008 African-American Read-In), and yes, finally, The Brownstone, which I'll actually be releasing the very weekend of the HBF. The Brownstone, as those who have peeped it know, is my first adult novel, and it is set in modern-day Harlem. I'm bringing the heat with this book, I promise. And I can't think of a more perfect place/time to debut it than at the HBF. The second stop, of course, will be here in D.C.

So mark your calendars for this very special celebration of urban literacy. Start planning now. I know I will be!

No comments: