Monday, July 06, 2009

Quick Updates

So much has been going on that I simply don't know where to start! But since it's late and I'm tired (having just returned from a monthlong sojourn to my home state Connecticut), I'll just give some quick highlights:


My new young adult novel K My Name Is Kendra is finished! It's amazing, though, how you think you have a solidly written project until you go back with a red pen and edit yourself. So even though the book and my first round of edits is complete, I still see a few holes in my timeline that I need to adjust before handing it off to a real editor. Even still, October is the scheduled release month. In fact, the book release party is scheduled for October 17th in my hometown in Connecticut. I may live in Northern Virginia now, but I can't think of anyplace else I'd rather release this next book. More on that later.

Quick shout-out to the young ladies of Won Myndz, a teen organization founded by Julia Moore (owner of the Universal Hair Salon) of Norwalk, Connecticut. I met with them last week at the fabulous new Tribeca Coffee House in South Norwalk, and we spent a few hours together chatting about a few of the things on their minds. I introduced them to my character Kendra (they loved the excerpts I shared from the book...phew), and we even did a little singing towards the end of our session. Talented ladies these...and ambitious! I know Julia will do her best to continue to nurture them and guide them toward fulfilling their dreams.

Lots of other stuff in the works. I'll keep you posted as I can! Exhausted. Going to bed now...

No comments: