Thursday, March 31, 2011

My New YA Novel: An Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contender

I know, I know...I abandoned my blog a long time ago. But now that my new young adult novel K My Name Is Kendra is being considered for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, I need a place to express in my own words how I feel about this honor...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! That's how I feel. And if I had a mic nearby, I'd sing you a song.

So up to five thousand writers submitted their books in the Young Adult category. Only a thousand made the first cut based on their pitches. Two hundred and fifty of us made the next cut (announced on March 22nd...I was in the hospital at the time...lifted my spirits) and are now Quarter-Finalists. Only fifty of us in the YA category will make the next cut to be announced on April 26th. I hope hope hope to be one of those that advances to the Semi-Final round. But even if I don't, the feedback I'm receiving on my work gives me validation that writing is indeed something I'm meant to do! I thank everybody for their constructive criticism.

Keep in touch. I'll write again soon...

1 comment:

Sidne said...

That is wonderful, just wonderful. thanks for stopping by my FB page and informing me about you. I seek to find out about new authors.