Thursday, February 28, 2008

Note to Self: Get on TLC's "What Not to Wear"

So I've started campaigning to get the attention of What Not to Wear, the popular TLC makeover show featuring fabulous stylists Stacy London and Clinton Kelly. I watch this show religiously and I jot down the rules that I think fit my body type, all in hopes of someday using them on a shopping spree to replace the disgustingly gross wardrobe currently hanging in my closet.

I'll admit it. I'm a fashion victim. I'm still wearing clothes from when I weighed 314 pounds (I'm currently at 260 and shrinking daily). They do nothing for me. They're misshapen, faded, worn, and in some cases torn. I'm embarrassed to leave the house in my clothes. So I don't. Leave the house, that is. As little as possible, anyway (I'm currently working from home so that's not too difficult). And when I do leave, it's mostly not until the nighttime, when there are fewer people on the streets that will be subjected to my style-challenged ways.

At least I recognize the problem.

So I've emailed thirteen of the show's casting people (I don't know the technical term). I hope that's not considering spamming (yikes). But a sista is desperate. Beyond...actually.

I'll keep you posted. And if you're not already watching the show...watch the show! Maybe you'll see me on there someday as part of my Makeover-In-Action Project. Meanwhile, you can still catch my little web reality show on mylifetime.com (Lifetime TV's online community) as part of the SC Johnson-sponsored Clean Start Challenge. See you there!

No comments: