Monday, October 22, 2007

America's Next Top Model

I'm a Top Model fan. I'm not sure why, really. Well, maybe it's because I like to see people realize their dreams. Maybe it's because I like to see those who have become successful make it possible for other people to realize their own successes. Or maybe it's because I like a little drama (as long as it's not my drama). Because there is always drama on ANTM.

But this comment is not really about that, per se. There are professional bloggers who will give you a scene-by-scene commentary on the show. No, the point of this post is that I think it's time for ANTM to switch it up a bit.

I say that because, each and every cycle, there are a couple of models who are dismissed too early. A couple who should be allowed to develop a little more before they get the boot. And then there are those who should be dismissed early but aren't.

So I'm pitching an idea to the producers. [Well, not officially. But I am going to write it here and perhaps someone will stumble upon this post and pass it along to the right people.]

Next cycle, why not allow all thirteen girls to stay through the first three photo shoots? At the first panel, the judges would deliberate as usual and grade the girls on their performance (but not reveal the results to the girls or the viewing audience). Same process for the second panel, which means the models leave both times not knowing where they stand or whether they will be among the three that will be dismissed all at once at the third panel.

Ha! Now that's entertainment.

No comments: