Monday, October 22, 2007

Writer's Block on Girlfriends

I was just over at the CW website checking out the storylines for this week's shows. I'm really looking forward to Girlfriends. This week, Maya, who has become my favorite character (probably because she's an author) begins ducking her publisher when she experiences Writer's Block and is unable to complete her third book. It should be pretty hilarious because I just noticed that this episode is written by Mark Alton Brown and Dee LaDuke, both of whom penned several episodes of the witty southern belle comedy Designing Women. I'm already smiling.

Meanwhile, I know a little something about Writer's Block. I'm blocked right now, as a matter of fact, and the only good thing to come of it is that I'm able to turn my attention back to blogging while I try to figure out what's going on with the characters of my new fiction project--the long-overdue second story in the Scenes From the Indigo Lounge series that I began as part of the Amazon Shorts program over at Amazon.com. Hopefully soon, I'll figure out where I want to go with the story and pick up writing it again.

No comments: