Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Artist Rene Dickerson

I'm both a fan and a personal friend of renowned artist Rene Dickerson and his wife, Linda. As close as we are, however, I'm never fully aware of what he's working on, of course.

So every now and then, if I can't actually get over to his home, I'll check in at his website to see what he's selling/sold. This piece above, entitled "Sarafina", made me gasp! I'm so in love with this painting. His website says it's been sold to a private collector, so I'm a little bummed about that because I would've loved to have seen it in person before it was sold (just to look...I could never actually afford to buy), especially the 23-carat gold accents that adorn her hair.

He and Linda have invited me to dinner this week. Hope he'll let me take a peek at what he's working on!

No comments: