Friday, October 26, 2007

Thank Goodness For Artists Like Anthony Hamilton

I was just in the car, running the streets of the suburban community in which I now live in Northern Virginia (back in the day I'd be rollin' five-deep down Jerome Avenue in the Bronx on a night like this...*sigh* I miss the ghetto sometimes), and I tried, really tried, to listen to the radio.

Two songs in, I'm reaching over to twist the knob into the OFF position because my ears are being assaulted by some R. Kelly song about a freak and her booty up in the club. Not for nothing, but isn't every other song by R. Kelly about that same thing?

I'm just asking.

Anyway, as soon as I step through the door of my mother's home, I pop in Anthony's Ain't Nobody Worryin' CD and exhale deeply, relaxing in the lyrical and vocally-relevant journey that is the music of this soulful virtuoso.

All is right again in the universe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Digging your space. I'll be visiting more.