Thursday, October 25, 2007

Plus-Size Never Looked So Pretty

That's the title of an article I found on the AOL homepage today. The subtitle was "Tips to Hide That Pesky Bit of Pudge".

Cool.

So I read the article. And I gotta say, it says absolutely nothing about how to hide what I've got going on around my waistline! Yes, I've lost lots of weight (kudos to NutriSystem, Congestive Heart Failure, Type II Diabetes and the resulting threat on my life for the part they played in my choice to drop a few LB's...yeah!), but this spare tire I'm rockin' around my waist just doesn't factor in to the whole just accessorize with a super-wide belt philosophy.

Note to Mommy: my black clothes are my best friend because they are flattering and streamlining, according to this article. Okay, so I guess I can take their advice and venture beyond that one color and add more chocolatey browns, charcoal grays and olive greens this season. And more jackets like that camel-colored suede piece I picked up at the Avenue last year. You like that one, no?

Now if only I can find one good "strategically-placed oversized clutch purse" to "chicly camouflage" my quote-unquote tummy troubles as I get back in slimdown mode.

No comments: